functions of The Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA)
In this article, we will look at the functions of The Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA).
- KNQA is a state agency of the Kenya National Qualifications Framework (KNQF) Act No. 22 of 2014 established.
- It is a repository and reference point for national and international qualifications in Kenya.
The National Qualification Authority of Kenya was created to address globalization and technological change, the weak link between qualifications and the labor market, and the socio-technical challenges of the Kenyan education system.
functions of The Kenya National Qualifications Authority
- It makes a horizontal and vertical connection and the harmony of eligibility through the credit collection process. This enables the learner to move within the company, between jobs and departments.
- It recognizes and supports learning to facilitate the recognition and recording of qualifications obtained in non-formal education and training (ERP).
- It assesses, recognizes and records the qualifications obtained from different types of learning regardless of the duration of the training as long as they comply with the specified minimum standards of expected skills .
- It assesses, recognizes and registers qualifications obtained outside the national system.
- It develops a system for evaluation, assessment and recognition of acquired skills and competences.
7.. It enables the recognition of Kenyan qualifications to determine their size globally.
- . It registers students, national qualifications and qualification awarding bodies (QAI).
- The competent authority coordinates and oversees the development of national eligibility rules.
- It outlines the process for the development of the qualification system.
- It develops and evaluates the relationship and connection between national qualifications by important actors, institutions and important institutions.
- It maintains a national database of national qualifications.
- It publishes manuals, codes and standards for national qualifications.
- It advises and supports any person, organization or agency responsible for granting national qualifications.
- It publishes an annual report on the status of national qualifications.
- It sets standards and criteria for competence and skills, including skills, knowledge, attitudes and values.
- He studies equality of opportunity.
- It builds confidence in the national certification system which contributes to the national economy.
- It provides methods that support the development and maintenance of access to qualifications.
Contact the Kenyan National Qualifications Authority
Phone: 0704982345, 020 2100272
Head Office: NACOSTI Building, 4th Floor, Off Waiyaki Way, Upper Kabete