how to get pep pills in nairobi
Here is how to get pep pills in Nairobi. Prophylaxis of exposure (PEP) is a preventive treatment given after exposure to HIV. It is not given to prevent pregnancy.
The medicine is taken every day for 28 days. PEP should only be given in situations that are considered an emergency.
It should be started as soon as possible, 72 hours after possible exposure to HIV. It prevents the virus from replicating when exposed.
Here in Kenya, PEP is not given without a prescription. You can get PEP medicine in many public hospitals for free and in private clinics for a fee. However, some private hospitals provide the medicine free of charge.
how to get pep pills in nairobi
1. Nairobi Women’s Hospital
It is one of the best private hospitals in Kenya. Although it is a leading private hospital, it provides free PEP medicine. The hospital has many branches and hospitals in different parts of the country.
2. LVCT Health
LVCT Health offers life-prolonging anti-viral treatment all the time, including drugs and laboratory services, free of charge. They have clinics in Hurlingham and car parks in Nairobi CBD, Kawangware and Githurai.
3. AHF Kenya
AHF Kenya provides HIV care and treatment programs, prevention programs including antiretroviral therapy. They deliver programs in collaboration with partners, the Ministry of Health and local government.
4. Coptic Hospital
The hospital has a wing called the Coptic Hope Center, which is a center for infectious diseases. The center provides clinical care, treatment and supportive HIV prevention programs. The hospital is located along Ngong Road.
5. Kenyatta National Hospital
KNH is the largest referral hospital in the country. It provides antiretroviral therapy and other preventive services to all Kenyans, regardless of race.
6. Mbagathi Hospital
Mbagathi is one of the best public hospitals in Nairobi. It serves more than one million Kenyans, providing quality and affordable health services, including HIV care and immunizations.
7. Aga Khan University Hospital
It is one of the best private hospitals in Kenya. It has an infectious disease department that strives to provide quality patient care. This chapter offers a free antiretroviral clinic that provides all necessary services and patient care.
8. Kasarani maternity and nursing center
Contact: 0722 782216
9. Malibu Pharmacy
This is one of the best pharmacies in Nairobi.
You can get PEP from their branch in Nairobi. Here is a list of their branches;
- Arwings Kodhek Road – JF Centre, Contact: 0707 747 474
- Arwings Kodhek Road – Roughton Court, contact: 0702 747 474
- Harambee Branch / Moi Avenue – Farm Office, Contact: 0701 747 474
- Kaunda Road – Vedic House, Contact: 0704 747 474
- Taifa Road-Revival Plaza, Contact: 0706 747 474
- Ringroad Parklands – Kenrail Plaza, Contact: 0705 747 474
10. Marie Stopes Clinics
PEP is free at Marie Stopes Hospital;
- Pangani Clinic: 1st Floor Shobwe Plaza, Murang’a Road
- Premier Clinic CBD: 4th floor of JKUAT Towers, near Kenyatta Avenue
- Kangemi Clinic: Kangemi Shopping Centre, near Sidian Bank on Waiyaki Way.
- Eastleigh Nursing Home: off 1st Avenue, next to St Teresa’s Catholic Church. Kenyatta Commercial Clinic: Located at 3rd Floor, Room 3.7, Golf Course Commercial Building.
- Thika Hospital: Matco building, 4th floor, off Uhuru Street