HOW TO REPLACE A LOST NHIF CARD
This article is about how to replace a lost NHIF card. Here is a step by step guide on how to replace a lost NHIF card. NHIF is a parastatal institute established in 1966.
The main mandate of the parapublic organization is to provide affordable, accessible and sustainable health insurance to everyone.
It is mandatory that all employers are members of NHIF.
Registration as an NHIF member can be done online through the NHIF Self Care Portal, an online platform that provides easy access to all the services offered by the parastatal.
Once you are registered with NHIF, you will be issued an NHIF membership card.
The card will be processed after 14 working days.
It can be picked up at your nearest NHIF office or Huduma Center.
If the access to the card is lost or damaged, you can easily replace it by visiting any NHIF office or Huduma Center.
There are many NHIF offices and Huduma centers in major cities across the country.
You can visit the nearest branch.
How to replace a lost NHIF card
- Go to any national bank, equity bank, sponsoring bank or equity bank and pay 100 Ksh. This is the fee charged for replacing a lost NHIF card.
- Be sure to tell the teller that you are paying for a replacement card.
- You will receive a receipt after successful payment.
- Once you have paid, take the bank statement to your nearest NHIF branch or Huduma Center.
- A new card will be issued to you immediately after the bank authorization is issued.
This is a requirement for replacing a lost card.
Photocopy of National Identity Card.
100 Kshs, which is the fee charged.