brooklyn di fara pizza – best pizza in brooklyn?
This article is about Brooklyn Di Fara Pizza, we seek to find out why it’s among the best pizza in Brooklyn. Di Fara Pizza, located in the heart of Brooklyn, is not your run-of-the-mill pizza joint. It’s a slice-slinging legend that’s got tongues wagging and taste buds dancing. This pizza haven has a backstory worth sinking your teeth into, a reputation that’s sizzling, and flavors that’ll make your mouth do the cha-cha.
why it is among the best pizza in brooklyn
1. A Pizza Tale for the Ages
Picture this: Di Fara Pizza was born in 1965, courtesy of Domenico DeMarco, an Italian pizza virtuoso. He crossed the ocean to bring a slice of Naples to Brooklyn, and boy, did he succeed. What makes this pizza haven special is that Dom, as he’s known, is the man behind the pizza magic. He’s been twirling dough and crafting pies by hand for years, making this joint a bona fide Brooklyn treasure.
2. Pizza Artistry
What sets Di Fara apart? It’s the commitment to primo ingredients. Dom insists on top-tier Italian cheeses, San Marzano tomatoes, and hand-plucked basil. The dough is whipped up fresh every day, creating a crust that’s both crispy and chewy, a match made in pizza heaven. Each pizza is a masterpiece, with Dom meticulously adding toppings to perfection.
3. The Pizza Portfolio
Di Fara’s lineup is more stacked than a deck of cards, featuring:
- Regular Pie: A Margherita classic with fresh mozzarella, tomato sauce, basil, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Square Pie: A Sicilian-style pizza with a pillowy, thick crust, dressed in tomato sauce, cheese, and olive oil.
- Specialty Pies: Their daily specials flaunt Dom’s pizza artistry, featuring an ever-changing cast of mouthwatering toppings.
- Calzones: Stuffed with ricotta, mozzarella, and various fillings, these doughy delights offer a twist on the classic.
- Slices Galore: Can’t commit to a whole pie? Grab a single slice and savor the flavor without the full commitment.
4. The Di Fara Vibe
A trip to Di Fara isn’t just a meal; it’s an adventure. The place is cozy and quaint, with seating that fills up fast. Expect a bit of a wait, but it’s all part of the experience. You can watch the pizza pros at work, adding to the authenticity and excitement.
5. The Pizza Celebrity Club
Di Fara has won the hearts of food critics, celebs, and regular folks alike. It’s made appearances in TV shows and documentaries, securing its place as a culinary gem. Even stars like the late Anthony Bourdain couldn’t resist singing its pizza praises.
6. Pro Tips for Your Pizza Pilgrimage
- Early Bird Gets the Pizza: Arrive early to beat the crowds and cut down on wait time.
- Cash is King: Leave your plastic at home; Di Fara is a cash-only joint.
- Practice Patience: Part of the fun is the anticipation. Soak in the vibes, chat with fellow pizza enthusiasts, and let the excitement build.
7. Keeping the Pizza Dream Alive
Domenico DeMarco left us in 2020, but his pizza legacy lives on. His family is carrying the torch and ensuring that the flavors and traditions that made Di Fara legendary are here to stay.
For more information, go to difarapizzany.com
faqs about Di Fara Pizza in Brooklyn
1. What Makes Di Fara Pizza in Brooklyn So Special?
Di Fara Pizza’s uniqueness lies in its dedication to traditional pizza-making techniques. Founder Domenico DeMarco, often called Dom, personally crafts each pizza using high-quality, imported ingredients. The meticulous attention to detail and decades of experience set Di Fara apart.
2. How Can I Get to Di Fara Pizza in Brooklyn?
Di Fara Pizza is located at 1424 Avenue J in Brooklyn, New York. You can reach it by taking the Q train to the Avenue J station. It’s advisable to check their operating hours before heading there, as they can be subject to change.
3. What Are the Must-Try Pizzas at Di Fara?
The iconic choices at Di Fara Pizza include:
- Regular Pie: A classic Margherita pizza with fresh mozzarella, tomato sauce, basil, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Square Pie: A Sicilian-style pizza with a thicker, fluffy crust, topped with tomato sauce, cheese, and olive oil.
- Specialty Pies: Di Fara offers daily specials, so be sure to ask about the unique toppings they’re serving on the day of your visit.
4. What Should I Expect During My Visit?
Visiting Di Fara Pizza is an experience in itself. The pizzeria is cozy with limited seating, so you may encounter a wait. You can watch the pizza-making process, which adds to the authenticity of your visit. Bring cash, as Di Fara does not accept credit cards.
5. Are There Any Tips to Reduce Wait Times at Di Fara?
To minimize wait times, consider arriving early. The pizzeria tends to get crowded, and being one of the first in line can help you enjoy your pizza sooner. However, part of the charm is the anticipation, so be prepared to embrace the experience.
6. Is Di Fara Pizza Open Every Day?
Di Fara Pizza has specific operating hours, and it’s essential to check their schedule before planning your visit. While they are typically open throughout the week, there may be occasional closures or adjustments to their hours.
7. What’s the History Behind Di Fara Pizza?
Di Fara Pizza was founded in 1965 by Domenico DeMarco, an Italian immigrant who brought his love for authentic Neapolitan pizza to Brooklyn. Over the years, it has become a culinary institution in New York City, known for its unwavering commitment to quality and tradition.
8. Are There Any Health and Safety Measures in Place?
As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, the restaurant may have implemented health and safety measures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These measures could include mask requirements, social distancing, and capacity limitations. Be sure to check the latest updates and guidelines before your visit.
9. Can I Order Takeout or Delivery from Di Fara Pizza?
Di Fara Pizza may offer takeout and delivery services, but availability can vary. Check their website or contact the pizzeria directly to inquire about these options.
10. Can I Make Reservations at Di Fara Pizza?
Di Fara Pizza typically does not accept reservations. It operates on a first-come, first-served basis, so be prepared to wait for a table during peak hours.