how to apply for a green card in kenya today
This article is about how to apply for a green card in Kenya today. The US Green Card Lottery, also known as the Diversity Visa Lottery, is a program that comes with many benefits. The program allows people from countries with low immigration rates to apply for a permanent resident visa, or Green Card, to live and work in the United States. The Green Card Lottery is held annually, and each year the U.S. Department of State provides 50,000 Green Cards through the program. The lottery is conducted through an online application process, and individuals selected through the lottery can apply for a Green Card and relocate to the United States. Up to 55,000 Diversity Visas (DVs) will be available by fiscal year 2025.
Green Card Application Requirements In Kenya
The exact requirements may also vary from year to year, so it is essential to read the official guidelines carefully.
To apply for the 2025 US Diversity Lottery, also known as the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program, you will need to meet the eligibility requirements.
DV Lottery Requirements 2025
- The applicant must be from a DV lottery eligible country to be eligible. Eligibility by country varies by year,
- Applicant must have a high school education or equivalent. This means you should have completed at least 12 years of formal primary and secondary education.
- Alternatively, you can demonstrate at least two years of work experience in the last five years as a qualified professional. Skilled professions are those that require at least two years of training.
- There is no age limit, but you must be over 18 to be eligible and demonstrate that you have completed at least 12 years of formal primary and secondary education.
2025 DV Lottery Photo Requirement
You can take a new digital photo or scan a recent photo (taken within the last six months) with a digital scanner if it meets all of the following standards;
- Sized so that the head measures between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22mm and 35mm), or between 50 and 69% of the total image height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
- Taken within the last six months to reflect her current appearance.
- Taken in front of a white or off-white background
- Taken in full view, directly in front of the camera.
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open.
- Taken with the clothes you normally wear every day. No uniform should be worn in photographs, except religious garments worn on a daily basis.
What to avoid:
- Do not wear a hat or headdress that darkens your hair or hairline unless you wear it daily for a religious purpose. The entire face should be visible and the headgear should not cast shadows on the face.
- Headphones, wireless speakerphones, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- Don’t wear glasses.
If you normally use a hearing aid or similar item, you can use them in your photographs.
The Department of State’s website for the 2025 Diversity Visa Program (DV-2025) is dvprogram.state.gov.
DV Lottery Registration Period 2025
Applicants must submit applications for the DV-2025 program electronically at dvprogram.state.gov between October 4 at noon EDT and November 7 at noon EDT.
Please do not wait until the last week of the registration period to enter, as high demand may cause delays on the website.
Late or paper registrations will not be accepted.
The law allows only one entry per person during each entry period. The State Department uses sophisticated technology to detect multiple rumors. Submitting more than one entry for an individual disqualifies all entries for that individual.
DV 2025 Lottery Registration Process
- You can complete the official Green Card Lottery form only at https://dvprogram.state.gov. All other sites offering application completion are not official DV (Lottery) program services.
- The form must be completed in English letters.
- You have one hour to fill out the form. If you are inactive for 20 minutes, the application will reset and all information you entered will be lost.
2025 DV Lottery Application Instructions
To apply for a Green Card through the Diversity Visa Program (also known as DV Lottery 2025 or Green Card Lottery 2025) in Kenya, you can follow these steps. The 2025 questionnaire consists of several parts.
The first part includes 14 questions related to personal information:
The name and surname must be written exactly as they appear on the identity card.
Gender and date of birth
In the following columns you must enter your gender and date of birth.
The city where you were born
Enter the information on your birth certificate. Find the official spelling of the city name in English. If your place of birth is not known and is not on your birth certificate, please indicate it on the form.
Country where you were born
Select your country of birth from the list. For example… Kenya.
Eligible countries for the DV program
If you were born in a country whose citizens are eligible to participate in the lottery, this section is exempt.
If your country is not on the lottery eligibility list, there are two options:
- Assign yourself to the country of birth of the parents;
- Assign yourself to the country where your spouse was born. If you win, both spouses will appear for the visa interview.
The list of countries eligible for the Green Card Lottery will change every year.
Citizens of the following countries are excluded from receiving the DV-2025 program that takes place this year 2023: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, People’s Republic of China (including those born in Hong Kong), Colombia, Dominican Republic , El Salvador, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea (South Africa). Korea), Venezuela and Vietnam.
The requirement for a passport at the time of application was removed in 2022. Therefore, you can apply without a passport later.
Photo of the participant
You have to upload the picture corresponding to the DV lottery here. Always use the PHOTO application at Travel.state.gov, it’s the right way to confirm if you meet the DV photo requirement.
It is good to choose the address of your residence. If you do not have your own address at the moment, you can enter the data of your relative or friend (in this case, write your name in the care field).
The country where you live today
Provide latest information.
This box is optional.
Be careful when entering your email address. This is where the confirmation number will come in, without which you won’t know your win. So provide a valid email address, which you will use for at least one more year.
You will only display the training you have completed and its status. If you have a high school or technical education, indicate the number of classes you completed. If you win, you will need to submit all diplomas and certificates.
Provide legally registered marital status at the time of application. Single status is shown only if there is no previous marriage.
Number of children
You must list all of your unmarried children under the age of 21, regardless of where they live or whether they intend to immigrate to the United States.
This is the end of the Green Card DV lottery application for those without a spouse or children.
If you have indicated a spouse or children, the second part of the application will open. You will be able to provide pictures and data in order of each member of the family.
After carefully checking all the entered data, click the Submit button at the bottom. Once you get the confirmation number, keep it in memory until the result is out.
It is important to note that if you want to increase your chances of winning the lottery, you, your spouse and your eligible children must apply. This gives you a higher chance of winning or one of your family members winning because if one of them wins, they can also take you to the United States after following the appropriate legal process .
US Green Card Lottery Free Application 2025
There is no registration fee for the 2025 DV Lottery, but candidates who are required to complete an interview will have to pay the visa application fee before making their official visa application where the consular officer will decide whether they are eligible for the visa. We can also attempted to answer the frequently asked questions about US Green Card Lottery application here.