Elected MCAs In Turkana County 2023 – 2027
This is the list of elected Members of the County Assembly (MCA) in Turkana region as of the 2022 general election.
- Turkana is one of the fourteen regions of the original Rift Valley region.
- It covers an area of 68.68 square kilometers making it the second largest region in Kenya in terms of land area.
This government is Governor Jeremiah Lomurkai.
It has a total of 30 wards in its 6 constituencies.
Elected MCAs In Turkana County
All the 30 MCAs in Turkana County
|Lake Zone||Michael Egelan||UDA|
|Kaaleng/ Kaikor||Abdi Fatar Kapua||UDA|
|Kerio Delta||David Ekod||UDA|
|Lodwar Township||Ruth Kuya||UDA|
|Kotaruk Lobei||Anarclet Esekhon||FORDKENYA|
|Lokiriama Lorengippi||Lomuria Lawrence||ODM|
|Kapedo/Napeito m||Willy Nalimo||ODM|
An MCA is an elected representative of the registered voters in the local assembly.
They represent electoral divisions called wards.
The main task of the members of the state assembly is to bring the views and opinions of the voters to the regional assembly for discussion.
They are also responsible for local government services to the people.
MCAs are also members of the legislature
MCA SALARIES IN KENYA
According to a recent gazette notice by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC),
- an MCA earns a salary of Ksh 144,375 per month. This includes
- a basic salary of Ksh 86,625,
- a house allowance of Ksh 45,000 and
- a market adjustment of Ksh 12,750.
|MCA Salaries in Kenya|
|Basic Salary||Ksh 86,625|
|House Allowance||Ksh 45,000|
|Market Adjustment||Ksh 12,750|
|Total Salary Per Month||Ksh 144,375|