Elected MCAs In West Pokot County 2023 – 2027
This is the list of elected members of the County Assembly (MCA) in West Pokot County as of the 2022 general election.
- West Pokot is one of the 14 counties in the original Rift Valley region.
- It covers an area of 8,418 square kilometers.
Governor Simon Kachapin governs the county.
It has a total of 20 wards in its 4 constituencies.
Elected MCAs In West Pokot County
All the 20 MCAs in West Pokot County
An MCA is an elected representative of the registered voters in the local assembly.
They represent electoral divisions called wards.
The main task of the members of the state assembly is to bring the views and opinions of the voters to the regional assembly for discussion.
They are also responsible for local government services to the people.
MCAs are also members of the legislature
MCA SALARIES IN KENYA
According to a recent gazette notice by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC),
- an MCA earns a salary of Ksh 144,375 per month. This includes
- a basic salary of Ksh 86,625,
- a house allowance of Ksh 45,000 and
- a market adjustment of Ksh 12,750.
|MCA Salaries in Kenya|
|Basic Salary||Ksh 86,625|
|House Allowance||Ksh 45,000|
|Market Adjustment||Ksh 12,750|
|Total Salary Per Month||Ksh 144,375|