How To Apply For A Temporary Travel Permit In Kenya -requirements
This is article is about how to apply for a temporary travel Permit In Kenya. A Temporary Travel Permit allows you to travel only within East African countries such as Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, Rwanda and Burundi. Advancement in technology has made it easier to apply for a temporary travel permit, as the process can be completed in an hour as long as you have the necessary documents.
- The whole process takes place online, through the e-citizen platform. You no longer need to spend hours waiting to be assisted at immigration offices.
- The temporary travel permit is valid for 30 days from the date of issue. Cost is Ksh. 350.(Cost amount may change with time)
How to apply for a temporary travel permit in Kenya
- Go to www.ecitizen.go.ke.
- Register an account/Click create an account.
- Log in and select Immigration Service Department.
- Select Send Request.
- Select Passports and Temporary Permits.
- Select the temporary permit application.
- Read the instructions carefully and fill out the application form. Some of the required details include;
- Date of birth
- Identification number/birth certificate number (for children)
- Reason for travel, for example, business, education, official, work, leisure, medical…etc.
- Contact details/telephone number
- Destination Country
- Postal address
- Physical address
- Details of the next of kin, such as name, relationship and telephone number
- Parent data, if the application is for children.
8. Pay with Mpesa, debit card, credit/prepaid card, EazzyPay, KCB Cash, Equity Cash, Pesalink or E-Agent.
9. Download and print the temporary permit from your citizen account, then paste your passport size photo onto the permit.
10. Present your printed temporary permit to the immigration officer at the port of entry or exit.
Requirements for applying for a temporary travel permit
- Original identity document and photocopy.
- Birth certificate, this if the application is for children under 18 years of age.
- 2 color passport photos
- Copies of the ecitizen payment invoice (two copies)
- Copies of the temporary permit application (two copies)