how to apply for kws entrance tickets through ecitizen online – for national parks in kenya
This article is about how to apply for KWS entrance tickets through Ecitizen. For those who are visiting national parks, game reserves etc in Kenya, this is the easiest way to pay entry tickets and is one of the government services offered on Ecitizen platform.
Scenario: You plan to visit the Maasai Mara National Reserve in Kenya, and you need to pay the park entry fee through eCitizen.
Access eCitizen Website:
Open your web browser and go to the official eCitizen website: https://www.ecitizen.go.ke/.
Log In or Register:
If you have an eCitizen account, log in with your username and password. If not, click the “Register” button, enter your details, and create an account.
After logging in, you’ll be taken to the eCitizen dashboard.
Look for the “Departments” section, and click on “Kenya Wildlife Service.”
Select the Specific KWS Service:
You find a list of KWS services.
Choose “KWS Park Entry Fee” since you plan to visit a national park.
Fill in the Application Form:
Complete the application form, providing your details:
Full Name: John Mwamburi
ID/Passport Number: 123456789
Vehicle Registration: If you have a vehicle, enter the registration number.
Purpose of Visit: Tourism
Number of Visitors: 2 (including yourself and a friend)
Select “Payment Method.”
For this example, choose “Mobile Money (M-Pesa).”
Complete the Payment:
You are redirected to the M-Pesa payment page.
Enter your M-Pesa number and confirm the payment.
You’ll receive an M-Pesa confirmation message.
Confirmation and Receipt:
Return to the eCitizen website.
receive an on-screen confirmation: “Your payment was successful.”
You can now download the payment receipt by clicking the “Download Receipt” button.
Print and Preserve the Receipt:
Print a copy of the payment receipt and keep it with you.
This receipt will serve as proof of payment when entering the Maasai Mara National Reserve.
Confirmation Email (Optional):
Check your email inbox; you may receive an email from eCitizen confirming your payment.
faqs about kws entrance tickets
What is a KWS entrance ticket?
- A KWS entrance ticket is a permit or pass that allows visitors to access Kenya’s national parks, game reserves, and wildlife conservation areas managed by the Kenya Wildlife Service. These tickets provide access to these natural attractions.
Where can I purchase KWS entrance tickets?
- KWS entrance tickets can be purchased through various channels, including the official eCitizen website, KWS offices, selected banks, and authorized agents at the park gates.
What types of KWS entrance tickets are available?
- KWS offers various types of entrance tickets, including daily park entry tickets, annual park passes, and special permits for activities like game drives and camping. The availability of ticket types may vary by park.
How much do KWS entrance tickets cost?
- The cost of KWS entrance tickets varies depending on factors such as the park, the type of ticket, and the visitor’s nationality (residents or non-residents). Prices are subject to change, so it’s advisable to check the current rates before your visit.
Are there discounts for children, students, or senior citizens?
- KWS may offer discounted rates for children, students, and senior citizens, but eligibility and rates can vary by park and ticket type. Check with KWS for specific details.
Can I book KWS entrance tickets online?
- Yes, you can book KWS entrance tickets online through the eCitizen platform. This convenient method allows you to purchase and receive your entry permits electronically.
Do I need to carry a printed ticket, or can I use a digital version on my mobile device?
- Many parks now accept digital tickets on mobile devices. However, it’s recommended to check the specific park’s policy in advance. Having a printed copy as a backup is often a good idea.
How long is a KWS entrance ticket valid?
- The validity of KWS entrance tickets can vary. Daily park entry tickets are typically valid for one day, while annual passes provide access for one year from the date of purchase.
Can I reschedule or cancel a KWS entrance ticket?
- KWS entrance tickets are generally non-refundable and non-transferable. It’s essential to plan your visit carefully to make the most of your ticket.
What documents do I need to purchase a KWS entrance ticket?
- You may be required to provide identification, such as an ID card, passport, or other valid documents when purchasing KWS entrance tickets. This helps verify your eligibility for resident or non-resident rates.
Are there restrictions on the number of visitors allowed in the parks at one time?
- Some parks may have limits on the number of daily visitors to preserve the natural environment and ensure a quality visitor experience. It’s a good idea to check in advance, especially during peak tourist seasons.
Are there additional fees for activities like guided tours, camping, and game drives within the parks?
- Yes, there may be additional fees for guided tours, camping, and other activities within the parks. These fees are separate from the entrance ticket and vary by park and activity.