How to apply for late birth certificate in Kenya
This article is about how to apply for late birth certificate in Kenya. Births that are not registered or whose birth notification has not been sent to the Immigration Center within the first 6 months are considered late. To apply the documents required are:
requirements for late birth certificate application in kenya
- Your identity card
- Copies of your parents’ national identity cards, birth certificates or passports.
- Your Class Eight or Form Four leaving certificates
- A printout from the National Registration Office in case you cannot access your parents’ identity documents.
- Your baptismal card
- Childhood vaccination clinical card.
- Letter from the employer indicating the date of birth.
- A complete application for the registration of late births.
Notable supporting documents for late birth certificate applications
Municipal notification of birth;
Certificate of doctor or midwife who attended the birth;
Identity card ID or passport
School leaving certificate;
How to apply for late birth certificate on ecitizen or online
- Log in to your eCitizen account.
- For those who don’t have one, you can create an account.
- Go to the Department of Civil Registry Services and click “Get Service“.
- Click “apply” to get started.
- Select Birth Certificate.
- Fill out the online application form.
- Upload all required documents.(Scanned and in PDF format)
- Remember to choose where you want to collect your birth certificate.
- Once you have completed the form, click “continue” to proceed with the payment of your request.
- Choose the payment method you want to use.
- You will be asked to pay Ksh. 180.
- Print the invoice and use it when necessary
Once your birth certificate is ready for collection, an SMS will be sent to you.
Frequently asked questions
Can I apply for Kenyan birth certificate online?
Yes, go to ecitizen
How much is birth certificate application in Kenya?
Cost: Unamended birth certificate: Ksh 60
Birth certificate with changes to the child’s names: Ksh 100
Birth certificate with changes in parents’ names: Ksh 100
Birth certificate with changes to the names of the child and parents: Ksh 140
Deadlines: 10 days
How much is birth certificate application ecitizen in Kenya?
How long does it take to process a birth certificate in Kenya?
It should take about 10 days ideally
How long does it take to get a birth certificate at Huduma Centre?
It should also take about 10 days ideally
How do I know if my birth certificate is ready for collection?
You get notification through your phone or email
For more information or clarifications, kindly contact Department of Civil Registration Services
department of civil registration services contacts
Phone Numbers: +254 (0) 1100 333 232 / +254 710 200 232