How To Repay HELB Loan From Diaspora – 3 tips
This article is about how to repay HELB loan from diaspora. HELB loans are low interest government supported facilities available to Kenyan students pursuing higher education in Kenya and the East Africa region. The loan allows students to finance their studies while enjoying low interest rates.
Repayment of the HELB graduate loan begins within one year of completing your studies or within the period in which the board decides to withdraw the loan, whichever comes first. You can also make voluntary payments before or after completing your studies to lower your loan balance. This post will mainly focus on how Kenyans living abroad can repay their HELB loan.
How To Repay HELB Loan From Diaspora
Kenyans living abroad can repay their HELB loans through the methods listed below.
ONLINE PAYMENT VIA THE HELB PORTAL
- Register an account on the HELB online portal. If you have one, proceed to login.
- Once logged in, click on Online Services and then on the Online Payment menu.
- Enter your national identification number as the account number.
- Enter the amount you are paying and click Pay Now.
- Once the payment has been successful, a payment confirmation will be issued.
- HELB will issue an official receipt for payment.
Payments can be made instantly from the US and Canada via Wave via KCB account number 1103266314.
Go to www.sendwave.com to update/download the app, then make transfers right away.
Forward the email notification wave, along with your ID number, to OnlinePayments@helb.co.ke.
- Log in to www.worldremit.com.
Select the “Bank Deposit” service in the blue “Send to” box on the page.
- Choose whether you want to transfer to a Kenyan Shilling or US Dollar account.
Enter the amount you wish to transfer.
- Enter recipient details KCB account number 1103266314.
Pay online using a credit or debit card.
- Use your ID number as a reference.
You will be notified by SMS and email once the transfer is complete.
- Please forward the email notification to OnlinePayments@helb.co.ke.
Central Office: Torres Aniversario, 19th floor.
Telephone Number: 0711 052 000.
Email Address: email@example.com.