top 8 nutritional benefits of Omena
Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 08:01 pm
This article highlights the nutritional benefits of Omena. Omena, also known as silver fish, is a highly nutritious food eaten by Kenyans living in the western and Nyanza regions.
It is a staple food for people living in rural areas.
Omena is very tasty and full of nutritional value, especially for pregnant women and children.
Here are the nutritional benefits of eating vegetables.
Nutritional benefits of Omena
- Omena are a good source of calcium which is important for the formation and development of healthy bones and teeth.
2. It is a good source of essential nutrients such as niacin, folate and vitamin B12. Nutrition is a key requirement in the body’s energy system.
3. Omena are a good source of amino acids that make the body stronger. Amino acids help fight disease, prevent malnutrition and other problems in the body.
4. Culture is rich in vitamin D which plays a major role in the absorption of phosphorus and calcium. Vitamin D also helps in bone formation, improves sleep and overall body function.
5. It is a source of vitamins A and E which prevents poor eyesight and helps maintain healthy skin and eyes.
6. Omena is rich in protein which is essential for building and repairing the body. Protein in vegetables is also good and very important for pregnant women and children.
7. Contains oils and polyunsaturated acids such as omega 3 fatty acids which are good for maintaining a healthy heart and brain. This part makes the vegetable a good food for pregnant women and children.
8. Omena are a good source of iron and zinc. Iron strengthens the immune system and helps in the production of red blood cells that prevent you from getting anemia. Zinc helps in the digestion of carbohydrates in the body, wound healing, cell division and growth.