How to apply for a HELB Loan as a First Time Applicant – simple guide
This article is about how to apply for a HELB Loan as a First Time Applicant The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) is a Kenyan financial institution, providing loans and scholarships for needy students to pursue higher education. However, one may wonder what the conditions are for applying for a HELB loan. Of course, it is important to take into account the various requirements for applying for a Helb loan.
There are two types of HELB applications
- First time application
- Subsequent HELB application
This post has information on the requirements for first time HELB loan application and the how to apply HELB loans for the first time
Requirements for first time helb loan application – 6 tips
You will need a copy of your national ID card. This is important because it will be proof of your citizenship.
- It is also important to provide parents with national identity cards. This is important because it serves as proof of Kenyan citizenship by birth. In the case of the death of a parent, you will be asked to provide a death certificate as proof.
- Copy of National Identity Card of both guarantors. This is important because it gives the map the path of the link bought for you if the link is broken directly.
- You can also provide your university or college acceptance letter and a copy of your KCSE results.
- You will also be asked to provide one of your ATM/bank cards. It is important to note that this only applies to government sponsored students.
- A copy of your company-issued smart card is also important.
- You will also provide a recent color photo of your passport. This is important because it shows that you are the applicant.
How to apply for a HELB Loan as a First Time Applicant
- Visit our website www.helb.co.ke to access the student portal and click “create account” to register.
- Once the account is created, log in and select the First Time Loan Application Form [LAF].
- Get and fill out a loan application form.
- Print TWO loan application forms [Required].
- Complete these forms, duly signed and stamped by the appropriate authorities.
- Attach all documents as in the check and submit a copy of the completed loan application to: One of the following Huduma offices nearest you: Bomet, Bungoma, Chuka, Eldoret, Embu, Garissa, Nairobi GPO, Kakamega, Kericho, Kilifi, Kisii, Kisumu, Kitale, Kitui, Lodwar, Machakos, Makueni, Meru , Migori, Mombasa. , Murang’a, Nakuru, Nandi Narok, Nyeri, Taita Taveta, Thika and West Pokot for free and safe delivery; Or
HELB Student Center at Mezzanine 1, Memorial Building, University Way, Nairobi.
- File a complete loan application [required].
For more information and clarifications, kindly contact HELB offices
Helb Contact info
Phone Numbers: 0711052000.
Email Address: email@example.com.