How To Replace A Lost Passport In Kenya
This article is about how to replace a lost Passport in Kenya. The Department of Immigration Services handles all passport-related matters in Kenya. This includes applying for new passports, renewing and replacing lost or mutilated passports.
Requirements to replace a lost passport in Kenya
- A police report on the loss of the passport.
- Affidavit supporting the circumstances in which the passport was lost.
- A duly completed passport application form and two payment invoices.
- Personal statement explaining the circumstances that led to the loss of your passport.
- Copy of lost passport.
- 3 passport-sized photographs.
- Original national identity document and copy thereof.
- A copy of the birth certificate.
- Fee: Kes 12,050.
How to replace a lost passport in Kenya
- Log in to the e-citizen portal.
- Select the Department of Immigration Services.
- Click Passport Request.
- Choose the passport holder, you or your child.
- Proceed to choose the type of application. In this case, click Lost Passport.
- Complete the passport application form carefully with the required details. Make sure you enter the correct details.
- Make the required payment of Ksh 12,050 (fee charged for replacement of lost passport).
- Download the application form and book an appointment with the Department of Immigration Services.
- You must present yourself in person with the necessary documents at the immigration offices closest to you. Immigration offices are located in Nairobi (Nyayo House) and other cities such as Mombasa, Nakuru, Eldoret, Kisumu, Embu and Kisii. You must appear in person for fingerprinting.
- The process takes approximately five working days, after which your passport will be ready for collection. When collecting your passport, you will be asked to present an identity document.
Department of Immigration Services
Head Office Location: Nyayo House, 9th Floor, Kenyatta Avenue/ Uhuru Highway, Nairobi.
Phone Contacts: 020 222 20222, 0110 922 065.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org.