how to register as a non-local contractor in kenya
Last updated on June 9th, 2023 at 09:46 pm
Here is a guide on how to register as a non-local contractor in Kenya. The National Construction Authority (NCA) is a statutory body that regulates, regulates and builds capacity in the construction industry in Kenya.
Here is a guide on how to register as a foreign investor in Kenya.
Conditions on how to register as a non-local contractor in kenya
- Registration is valid for the duration of the construction contract or service in question.
- The right to register is renewed every year, if it ceases to be registered with the Régie.
- The NCA Board may require the applicant to appear before it and produce proof of qualification in construction work.
- Foreign companies in Kenya can carry out specific activities, for which the amount to be paid is less than the amount given by the council for the type of activity that requires registration.
- All requests must be processed as new requests and not as renewal requests.
- All applications must be installed individually for each running project.
- Submit completed/in-progress work schedule since registration and authorization.
- Submit proof of 30% subcontract/partnership with local contractors.
- Implement a process to transfer skills not available locally to local workers.
Issue a Certificate of Incorporation/Certificate of Incorporation to all their skilled and unskilled workers from the Registrar of Companies.
- CR12 of the company register.
- KRA Tax Compliance Certificate.
- Log on to the NCA website www.nca.go.ke
- Click the Entrepreneurs tab on the home page, then click Register to become an entrepreneur. Click on the Registration Portal.
- Click Register, then register an account by filling in the required information.
- After registering an account, log in to the account and click on New Entrepreneur Registration.
- Click on Foreign Investor and fill in the required information correctly.
Location: 9th Floor, KCB Towers, Kenya Road, Upper Hill Area, Nairobi
Tel: +254 709 126 102/172/173
- Nairobi Regional Office
Location: Likoni Road, Industrial Area, Opposite NTSA.
Contact: 0701 913 723
- Upper East Region
Location: Former office of the Ministry of Public Works, near the Isiolo-Marsabit road
Contact: 0717 866 955
- Central East region
Location: Public Works Centre, Majimbo Area, Embu-Kiritiri Road
Contact: 0790 849 967
- Nyanza Central Region
Location: First Office of the Ministry of Public Works, Airport Road, Kisumu
Contact: 0704 737 878
- Central Rift Region
Location: Former Ministry of Work Offices, Prison Road, Nakuru
Contact: 0708 768 457
7. North Rift Regional Office
Location: Former Ministry of Work Offices, Oloo Street, Eldoret
Contact: 0790 303 186
- Coast Regional Office
Venue: Former Ministry of Public Works Office, Shimanzi Road, Makande Region
Contact: 0707 351 398
- Lower East Regional Office
Location: First Office of the Ministry of Public Works, Kitui-Nairobi Road
Contact: 0712 267 704
- Kajiado Regional Office
Location: Off Namanga Road, Kajiado Town. Contact: 0716 673 726
- Kiambu Regional Office
Location: Treasury, Off Kiambu Road, Kiambu
Contact: 0704 410 497
- Nyanza South Regional Office
Location: Public Square, Kisii-Kericho Road
Contact: 0729 931 866
- Mount Kenya Regional Office
Location: Former Ministry of Work Offices, Chania Road, Nyeri
Contact: 0703 749 742
- Northeast Regional Office
Location: First Office of the Ministry of Public Works, Off Kismayu Road, Garissa
Contact: 0707 999 455
- Western Regional Office
Location: Ministry of Roads, Kisumu-Kakamega Highway Provincial Headquarters, Kakamega Town
Contact: 0720 342 594