How To Register And Apply For Government Tenders In Kenya
This article is about how to register and apply for government tenders In Kenya. Government tenders in Kenya are available for all legal businesses and those under Access to Government Procurement Opportunities (AGPO).
what is AGPO?
AGPO (Access to Government Procurement Opportunities) is a government program that provides opportunities for businesses owned by youth, women and people with disabilities to participate in government tenders providing goods, services and jobs.
Other target groups that can benefit from the program are micro and small businesses, city contractors, local contractors and city contractors in joint ventures or subcontracting arrangements with foreign suppliers.
To be eligible for the program, a business must:
-Be a legally registered entity such as a sole proprietorship, partnership or limited partnership.
-Have a membership fee made up of 70% of young people, women and people with disabilities.
-Have 100% leadership of young people, women and people with disabilities.
In addition to eligibility, qualification for the fund requires additional documentation including:
-Copy of the identity document/passport
-Certificate of tax compliance KRA
-Commercial Registration Certificate/Certificate of Incorporation.
-Corporate deed for partnership business.
-Member of Association/Bylaws and CR12 mandatory for Registered Companies.
-Letter/certificate from the National Construction Authority, Energy Regulatory Commission or any other authorized public technical body (if the applicant is engaged in construction)
1.Log in to www.agpo.go.ke and click “register“
- Create an account by entering your personal information, email address and setting a password. Upon completion, an activation link will be sent to the email address provided above.
- Log in to your email account and click the link to complete account activation.
- Log in to the AGPO system on the recurring user page using the email address and password you set in step 2 above.
- Register your business by providing information in the required fields and attach the required ORIGINAL scanned documents/downloaded digital copies.
- Visit the nearest Kenya Huduma Center, Countrywide – AGPO DESK for the processing of applications.
Treasury Building 6th Floor, Harambee Avenue
P.O Box 30007, Nairobi
Tel Numbers: +254-20 2252299/316433
Mobile Phone Numbers: +254 728338111/733660606
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org