how to apply kenyan passport for the first time – new passport application guide
This article is about Kenyan passport for the first time – new passport application guide. The process of applying for a passport in Kenya before 2017 is a difficult process for many people due to lack of knowledge on how to do it. However, with the introduction of the e-passport system, the process has now been changed and simplified for the benefit of the public. You can now apply, renew or replace and pay for your passport online. This article covers the e-passport application process, fees and important information you need to apply for a passport in Kenya.
how to apply kenyan passport for the first time
step 1: login to ecitizen:
First, the applicant must start by registering at www.ecitizen.go.ke, this is an online government platform where one can access government services including passport applications.
step 2: fill e-passport application form:
Second, those who have entered, go to the immigration service section, click on the e-passport application form and fill it.
step 3: make payment:
Complete by filling out, select a payment method and pay your bill. You can check the amount you need to pay here
step 4: verify details:
Then download your application form and check that all the details given are correct before printing it. And
step 5: submit forms to immigration department
Finally, print the downloaded application form along with 3 payment receipts and relevant documents, submit them to the nearest immigration department/center or the nearest Huduma center for further processing.
Remember that you must submit these personally in order for your biometrics and digital passport photo to be captured. This process can take between 10 and 15 business days.
new kenyan passport application Requirements
- Duly completed application form 19 and 2 payment invoices
- Original and single birth certificates for Kenyan citizens by birth
- Registration certificate for Kenyan citizens by registration
- Applicant’s original national identity card and one copy for adults
- A copy of the national identity card of the recommender/sponsor
- Consent form for children
- Copy of identity card/death certificate of parents if applicable
- The original birth certificates of the parents
- And any other additional documents that may be required
- Payment of prescribed charge
You can also replace a lost passport, check out the process here
For more information or clarification, contact the Department of Immigration.
DEPARTMENT OF IMMIGRATION CONTACT INFO
Phone contacts: +254 110-923422, +254 110-923423